A fire broke out at the premises of Bangladesh Bank at Motijheel in the city.
The incident took place at noon on Wednesday. Anisur Rahman, phone operator of Bangladesh Fire Service & Civil Defence Anisur Rahman said that it was a small fire, nothing serious. No casualties or damages have been reported yet.
The fire, reportedly originated from fag end of a cigarette, broke out at 1:30 pm on Wednesday. The incendiary has been doused before four fire fighting units reached to the spot, duty officer of the Fire Service Control Unit said.